• Anniston: You may not wear blue jeans down Noble Street.
• Bear wrestling matches are prohibited.
• It is legal to drive the wrong way down a one-way street if you have a lantern attached to the front of your automobile.
• You cannot chain your alligator to a fire hydrant.
• You may not drive barefooted.
• You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time.
• It is illegal to dress up as a priest on Halloween (ALA CODE § 13A-14-4).
• Elephants must not be placed in electric ovens.
• It is a criminal offence call a policeman, "Shitface".
• It is illegal to wake a bear and take a picture for photo opportunities.
• It is illegal to whisper in someone's ear while they are moose hunting.
• It is considered an offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane.
• Kangaroos are not allowed in barber shops at any time.
• Moose may not be viewed from an airplane.
• Eating a neighbor's baby is strictly forbidden.
• Donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs.
• Hunting camels is prohibited.
• It is illegal for men and women over the age of 18 to have less than one missing tooth visible when smiling.
• Mohave County: A decree declares that anyone caught stealing soap must wash with it until it is all used up.
• It is illegal to promote the use of or own more than 6 dildos.
• A law provides that school teachers who bob their hair will not get a raise.
• Alligators may not be kept in bathtubs.
• In Arkansas it is illegal to buy or sell blue light bulbs.
• The Arkansas river can rise no higher than to the Main Street bridge in Little Rock
• A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.
• Baldwin Park: Nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool.
• Blythe: You are not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least two cows.
Carmel Ice cream may not be eaten while standing on the sidewalk. (Repealed when Clint Eastwood was mayor).
Women may not wear high heels while in the city limits.
• Lodi: It is illegal to own or sell "Silly String".
• Chico: Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine.
• Long Beach: It is illegal to swear on a mini-golf course.
• Los Angeles: Toads may not be licked.
• Hollywood: It is illegal to drive more than two thousand sheep down Hollywood Boulevard at one time.
• It is illegal for anyone to try and stop a child from playfully jumping over puddles of water.
• It is illegal to have caller ID
• It's against regulations to let phones ring more than nine times in state offices.
• It is illegal to cry on the witness stand.
• It is illegal to set a mouse trap without a hunting license.
• Women may not drive in a house coat.
• Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship
• It is illegal to mistreat rats in Denver.
• Sterling: Cats may not run loose without having been fit with a taillight.
The dog catcher must notify dogs of impounding by posting, for three consecutive days, a notice on a tree in the city park and along a public road running through said park.
• It is unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next-door neighbor.
• It is illegal to mistreat rats.
• You may not drive a black car on Sundays.
• You may not educate dogs.
• It is illegal to dispose of used razor blades.
• It is illegal for a barber to hum a tune while cutting your hair.
• A pickle is not officially a pickle unless it bounces
• Atwoodville: You may not play Scrabble while waiting for a politician to speak.
• Bloomfield: It's against the law to eat in your car.
• Devon: It is unlawful to walk backwards after sunset.
• Guilford: Only white Christmas lights are allowed for display.
• Hartford: You aren't allowed to cross a street while walking on your hands.
• It is illegal to get married on a dare.
• Alcohol may not be served in nightclubs if dancing is occurring on the premises at the same time.
• It is illegal to fly over any body of water, unless one is carrying sufficient supplies of food and drink.
• Pawnbrokers cannot broker for artificial limbs.
District of Columbia:
• It is illegal to post a notice in public which calls another person a 'coward' for refusing to accept a challenge to duel.
• It is unlawful for small boys to throw stones, at any time, at any place.
• The U.S. government says it's a crime to give false weather reports.
• Sarasota: It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.
• Hialeah: Ambling and strolling is a misdemeanor.
• Tampa Bay: Law forbids rats to leave the ships docked.
• A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.
• If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.
• Failure to tell your neighbor his house is on fire is illegal.
• It is illegal to skateboard without a license.
• Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the salon owner.
• You are not allowed to break more than three dishes per day, or chip the edges of more than four cups and/or saucers.
• Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.
• Quitman: It is illegal for a chicken to cross the road.
• Jonesboro: It is illegal to say "Oh, Boy"
• Acworth: All citizens must own a rake.
• Gainesville: Fried Chicken must be eaten with the hands.
• It is illegal to use profanity in the presence of a corpse.
• Marietta: Though it is illegal to spit from a car or bus, citizens may spit from a truck.
• It is against the law to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or street lamp.
• Donkeys may not be kept in bathtubs.
• You cannot live on a boat for more than 30 days during the calendar year, even if you are just passing through the state.
• All residents may be fined as a result of not owning a boat.
• Coins are not allowed to be placed in one's ears.
• It is illegal to get a tattoo behind your ear or on your eyelid unless in the presence of a registered physician.
• Boise: Residents may not fish from a giraffe's back.
• Idaho Falls: If you're 88 years of age or older, it's illegal for you to ride your motorcycle.
• It is illegal for a man to give his sweetheart a box of candy weighing less than fifty pounds.
• Riding a merry-go-round on Sundays is considered a crime.
• Cannibalism is illegal, except under extreme life-threatening conditions as the only apparent means of survival.
• A state law in Illinois mandates that all bachelors should be called master, not mister, when addressed by their female counterparts.
• According to state law, it is illegal to speak English. The officially recognized language is "American".
• Those under 21 can drink legally, but they must be enrolled in a culinary program to do so.
• It is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats, and other domesticated animal kept as pets.
• Law forbids eating in a place that is on fire.
• You may be convicted of a Class 4 felony offense, punishable by up to three years in state prison, for the crime of "eavesdropping" on your own conversation.
• You may be arrested for vagrancy if you do not have at least one dollar on your person.
• Des Plaines: Wheelbarrows with For-Sale signs may not be chained to trees.
• Eureka: A man with a moustache may not kiss a woman.
Bowling is forbidden.
It is illegal to go trick-or-treating on Halloween.
It is unlawful to change clothes in an automobile with the curtains drawn, except in case of fire.
• Homer: It is against the law to use a slingshot unless you are a law enforcement officer.
• Chicago: it is illegal to take a French poodle to the opera
• Kirkland: Bees are not allowed to fly over the village or through any of Kirkland's streets.
A rooster must step back three hundred feet from any residence if he wishes to crow.
Hens that wish to cackle must step two hundred feet back from any residence.
• Normal: It is against the law to make faces at dogs.
• "Spiteful Gossip" and "talking behind a person's back" are illegal.
• All males 18 to 50 years old must work six days a year on public roads.
• Bathing is prohibited during the winter.
• Citizens are not allowed to attend a cinema or theatre nor ride in a public streetcar within at least four hours after eating garlic.
• It is against the law to pass a horse on the street.
• Hotel sheets must be exactly 99 inches long and 81 inches wide.
• If any person has a puppet show, wire dancing or tumbling act in the state of Indiana and receives money for it, they will be fined $3 under the Act to Prevent Certain Immoral Practices.
• No one may catch a fish with his bare hands.
• One armed piano players must perform for free.
• Beech Grove: It is forbidden to eat watermelon in the park.
• South Bend: It is illegal to make a monkey smoke a cigarette.
A monkey was convicted in 1924 for smoking a cigarette and sentenced to pay a 25 dollar fine and the trial costs.
• A man with a moustache may never kiss a woman in public.
• Ministers must obtain a permit to carry their liquor across state lines.
• Moustaches are illegal if the bearer has a tendency to habitually kiss other humans.
• Marshalltown: Horses are forbidden to eat fire hydrants.
• Fort Madison: The fire department is required to practice fire fighting for fifteen minutes before attending a fire.
• Ottumwa: "It is unlawful for any male person, within the corporate limits of the (city), to wink at any female person with whom he is unacquainted."
• Kansas City: Saying the name "George Washington" without adding the phrase "blessed be his name," can land you with a fine of up to fifty cents.
All cars entering the city limits must first sound their horn to warn the horses of their arrival.
No one may wear a bee in their hat.
• It is illegal to hunt whales (the state is land-locked, duh)
• The state gaming board prohibits the use of mules to hunt ducks.
• Owensboro: A woman may not buy a hat without her husband's permission.
• In Kentucky every citizen of is required to take a shower once a year.
• It is illegal in Kentucky to marry the same man more than 3 times.
• One may not dye a duckling blue and offer it for sale unless more than six are for sale at once.
• An old ordinance declares goatees illegal unless you first pay a special license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public.
• Biting someone with your natural teeth is "simple assault", while biting someone with your false teeth is "aggravated assault".
• It is illegal to gargle in public places.
• It illegal for a woman to drive a car unless her husband is waving a flag in front of it.
• It is illegal in Lafayette, Louisiana to play a musical instrument for the purpose of attracting attention, without a license.
• Mourners at a wake may not eat more than three sandwiches.
• It is a $500 fine to instruct a pizza delivery man to deliver a pizza to your friend without them knowing.
• It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot the bank teller with a water pistol (so a real one is okay?)
• New Orleans: You may not tie an alligator to a fire hydrant.
• After January 14th you will be charged a fine for having your Christmas decorations still up.
• In Augusta to stroll down the street playing a violin is against the law.
• In Portland shoelaces must be tied while walking down the street.
• In Waterville, Maine, it is illegal to blow one's nose in public.
• It's unlawful to tickle a woman's chin with a feather duster in Portland.
• You may not step out of a plane in flight.
• Advertisements may not be placed in cemeteries.
• Baltimore City:
Though you may spit on a city roadway, spitting on city sidewalks is prohibited.
You may not curse inside the city limits.
• In Baltimore:
It is illegal to mistreat oysters.
It is illegal to wash or scrub sinks no matter how dirty they get.
It is illegal to take a lion to the movies.
• Eating while swimming in the ocean is prohibited.
• Thistles may not grow in one's yard
• You cannot throw a bale of hay out of a second story window in Annapolis.
• Rockville, it's illegal to "profanely curse and swear or use obscene language upon or near any street, sidewalk or highway within the hearing of persons passing by, upon or along such street, sidewalk or highway.
• At a wake, mourners may eat no more than three sandwiches.
• Boston: It is illegal to play the fiddle.
• Holyoke: it is unlawful to water your lawn when it is raining.
• Boston: it is illegal to take a bath unless instructed to do so by a physician.
• It is unlawful to deliver diapers on Sunday, regardless of emergencies.
• You must have a license to wear a goatee.
• If you get caught eating peanuts in church, you can be jailed for up to one year.
• Provincetown: It is illegal to sell suntan oil before noon on Sunday.
• It is illegal to put tomatoes in clam chowder.
• It's illegal to keep a mule on the second floor of a building not in a city unless there are 2 exits.
• Longmeadow: It is illegal for two men to carry a bathtub across the town green.
• Marlboro: It is illegal to buy, sell or possess a squirt gun. Silly string is illegal in the city limits.
• Newton: All families must be given a hog from the town's mayor.
• No gorilla is allowed in the back seat of any car.
• Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked.
• Defacing a milk carton is punishable by a $10 fine.
• A woman isn't allowed to cut her own hair without her husband's permission.
• Blue Earth: No child under the age of twelve may talk over the telephone unless monitored by a parent.
• A person may not cross state lines with a duck atop his head.
• All bathtubs must have feet.
• Brainerd: Every man is required by law to grow a beard.
• Hamburgers may not be eaten on Sundays.
• It is illegal to tease skunks.
• Virginia: You're not allowed to park your elephant on Main Street.
• Kalamazoo: It is against the law to serenade your girlfriend.
• It is illegal to sleep naked.
• Detroit: it is illegal to sleep in a bathtub.
• A law states that a wife's hair legally belongs to her husband.
• It is illegal to kill a dog using a decompression chamber
• In Temperance, MS, you can't walk a dog without dressing it in diapers.
• It is illegal to drive around the town square more than 100 times in a single session.
• Tylertown: It is unlawful to shave in the center of Main Street.
• It is illegal to teach others what polygamy is.
• Excelsior Springs:
Hard objects may not be thrown by hand.
Worrying squirrels is not tolerated.
• Four women may not rent an apartment together.
• It is not illegal to speed.
• Purdy: Dancing is strictly prohibited.
• Single men between the ages of twenty one and fifty must pay an annual tax of one dollar.
• It is a felony for a wife to open her husband's mail.
• Balls may not be thrown within the city limits.
• It is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone
• A man is not allowed to run around with a shaved chest.
• A parent can be arrested if her/his child cannot hold back a burp during a church service.
• It is illegal for a motheir to give her daughter a perm without a state license.
• Lehigh: Doughnut holes may not be sold
• Waterloo: Barbers are forbidden from eating onions between 7 A.M. and 7 P.M.
• Elko: Everyone walking the streets is required to wear a mask.
• In Las Vegas, Nevada: It's against the law to pawn your dentures.
• It is illegal to drive a camel on the highway.
• Sex toys are outlawed.
• If a person is caught raking the beaches, picking up litter, hauling away trash, building a bench for the park, or many other kind things without a permit, he/she may be fined $150 for ''maintaining the national forest without a permit''.
• New Hampshire law forbids you to tap your feet, nod your head, or in any way keep time to the music in a tavern, restaurant, or cafe.
• You may not run machinery on Sundays.
• You may not tap your feet, nod your head, or in any way keep time to the music in a tavern, restaurant or, cafe.
• It is illegal to collect and carry away seaweed at the beach, but only at night.
• Pregnant women can legally commit murder.
• Bernard's Township: It is illegal to frown as the town is a "Frown-Free Town Zone".
• Caldwell: You may not dance or wear shorts on the main avenue.
• Cresskill: All cats must wear three bells to warn birds of their whereabouts.
• It is illegal to delay or detain a homing pigeon.
• It is illegal to slurp soup.
• It is against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season.
• It is against the law to "frown" at a police officer.
• Newark: It is illegal to sell ice cream after 6pm, unless the customer has a note from his doctor.
• You cannot pump your own gas. All gas stations are full service and full service only.
• It is against the law to wear a bulletproof vest while committing a murder.
• A city council member in Albuquerque, N.M., introduced a resolution a few years ago to ban Santa Claus from the city. The matter was defeated.
• Las Cruces: You may not carry a lunchbox down Main Street.
• Idiots may not vote.
• A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting.
• A license must be purchased before hanging clothes on a clothesline.
• Carmel: A man can't go outside while wearing a jacket and pants that do not match.
• Citizens may not greet each other by "putting one's thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers".
• Brooklyn: Donkeys are not allowed to sleep in bathtubs.
• During a concert, it is illegal to eat peanuts and walk backwards on the sidewalks.
• You can teach your pet parrot to speak, but not to squawk.
• In New York City it's illegal to shake a dust mop out a window.
• It is against the law to throw a ball at someone's head for fun.
• Jaywalking is legal, as long as it's not diagonal. That is, you can cross the street out of the crosswalk, but you can't cross a street diagonally.
• Slippers are not to be worn after 10:00 P.M.
• Staten Island: You may only water your lawn if the hose is held in your hand.
• While riding in an elevator, one must talk to no one, and fold his hands while looking toward the door.
• The penalty for jumping off a building is death.
• You are not allowed to divorce for irreconcilable difference unless the parties agree to it.
• It is illegal for people to stand in public with two or more other people with their faces covered by masks or disguising their identity.
• It is legal for women to be topless in public, as long as it is not for business purposes.
• A person is not allowed to walk around Sundays with an ice cream cone in his or her pocket.
• It is illegal for women to wear body hugging clothing.
It is illegal to be naked or fondle yourself in public unless you are breastfeeding or under 10 years old.
It is unlawful to operate a mechanical bull.
• It is illegal to sell trading cards to minors depicting a heinous crime, an element of a heinous crime or a heinous criminal.
• It is illegal to possess a deceptively colored handgun.
• An employee is allowed seven days paid leave to donate bone marrow or 30 days paid leave as an organ donor. They can do this only if they provide their supervisor with written notice no less than 14 days before the surgery unless it is an emergency.
Anyone under the age of 16 cannot play commercial video games during school hours on any weekday that school is in session.
It is illegal to shoot a bow and arrow.
Residents must remove snow, ice, dirt or any other object or material from the sidewalk between the property line and curb line within four hours that snow, ice, dirt, object, or material on the sidewalk, except from 9 pm to 7 am.
• Sag Harbor: You cannot disrobe in your car.
• Head of the Harbor: It is illegal to hold a picnic in public.
• One cannot release 25 or more helium balloons within a 24- hour period.
• It is illegal to perform a concert under another band's name.
• You cannot sell marijuana-flavored candy.
• It is illegal to sell alcohol to a habitual drunkard.
• It's illegal to sell dog or cat hair.
• It's illegal to take a selfie with a tiger.
• Men outside of their home must wear a matching jacket and pants.
• Barber: Fights between cats and dogs are prohibited.
• Elephants may not be used to plow cotton fields.
• Asheville: It is illegal to sneeze on city streets.
• Raleigh: Before a man asks for a woman's hand in marriage, he must be "inspected by all the barnyard animals on the young woman's family's property, to ensure a harmonious farm life."
• Nags Head: You can be fined for singing out of tune for more than ninety seconds.
• Kill Devil Hills: You may not ride a bicycle without having both your hands on the handle bars.
• A marriage can be declared void if either of the two persons is physically impotent.
• It's illegal to hold a meeting or demonstration while wearing a mask, hood or other costume.
• Fargo: One may be jailed for wearing a hat while dancing, or even for wearing a hat to a function where dancing is taking place.
• It is illegal to keep an elk in a sandbox in your backyard.
• Waverly: Horses are prohibited from sleeping in them, as well as in the house.
• It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep with your shoes on.
• It is against the law to kill a housefly within 160 feet of a church without a license.
• Bay Village: It is illegal to walk a cow down Lake Road.
• Cleveland: It's illegal to catch mice without a hunting license!
• Clinton County: Any person who leans against a public building will be subject to fines.
• Columbus: It is illegal for stores to sell corn flakes on Sunday.
• It is legal to throw a snake at someone but it is illegal to shake a snake at someone.
• Items left on a tree lawn become city property.
• Marion: You cannot eat a doughnut and walk backwards on a city street.
• McDonald: Your goose may not paraded down Main Street.
• No one may be arrested on Sunday or on the Fourth of July.
• You may not run out of gas.
• It is illegal for more than 5 women to live in a house.
• Oklahoma City: It is unlawful to put any hypnotized person in a display window.
• Ada: If you wear New York Jets clothing, you may be put in jail.
• Bromide: It is illegal for children to use towels as capes and jump from houses pretending to be superman.
• People who make "ugly faces" at dogs may be fined and/or jailed.
• Tulsa: It is against the law to open a soda bottle without the supervision of a licensed engineer.
• It is against the law to read a comic book while operating a motor vehicle.
• It is illegal to wear your boots to bed.
• Oklahoma will not tolerate anyone taking a bite out of another's hamburger.
• Tattoos are banned.
• Tissues are not to be found in the back of one's car.
• It is illegal to have the hind legs of farm animals in your boots.
• It is illegal for the owner of a bar to allow anyone inside to pretend to have sex with an animal.
• Dishes must drip dry.
• Hood River: Juggling is strictly prohibited without a license.
• It's against the law for a wedding ceremony to be performed at a skating rink.
• Ministers are forbidden from eating garlic or onions before delivering a sermon.
• Myrtle Creek: One may not box with a kangaroo.
• People may not whistle underwater.
• Salem: Women may not wrestle in Salem.
• A door on a car may not be left open longer than is necessary
• Yamhill: It's illegal to practice "occult arts" - defined as "fortune telling, astrology, phrenology, palmistry, clairvoyance, mesmerism, spiritualism, or any other practice or practices generally recognized to be unsound and unscientific whereby an attempt or pretense is made.
• A special cleaning ordinance bans homemakers from hiding dirt and dust under a rug in a dwelling.
• All fire hydrants must be checked one hour before all fires.
• If a motorist sees a horse coming down the road, the driver must pull off to the side of the road and cover the vehicle with canvas. If the horse is still scared the driver must get out of his car and take it apart until the horse isn't scared anymore.
• It is illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.
• In Philadelphia, you can't put pretzels in bags.
• Morrisville: It is required that a woman have a permit to wear cosmetics.
• Ridley Park: You cannot walk backwards eating peanuts in front of the Barnstormers Auditorium during a performance.
• You may not catch a fish by any body part except the mouth.
• A person is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree if he deals in humanity, by trading, bartering, buying, selling, or dealing in infant children.
• In Providence, Rhode Island it is illegal to sell toothpaste and a toothbrush to the same customer on a Sunday.
• In Scituate, Rhode Island it is illegal to keep a flock of chickens in your motorhome if you live in a trailer park.
• It is considered an offense to throw pickle juice on a trolley.
• Riding a horse over any public highway for the purpose of racing or testing the speed of the horse is illegal.
• No person may bite off another's limbs.
• By law, if a man promises to marry an unmarried woman, the marriage must take place.
• Every adult male must bring a rifle to church on Sunday in order to ward off Indian attacks.
• Fountain Inn: Horses are to wear pants at all times.
• Horses may not be kept in bathtubs.
• Merchandise may not be sold within a half mile of a church unless fruit is being sold.
• Musical instruments may not be sold on Sunday.
• No work may be done on Sunday. An exception is that light bulbs may be sold.
• On Hilton Head Island, South Carolina it is illegal to shine a flashlight on a sea turtle
• Performing a U-turn within 1,000 feet of an intersection is illegal.
• Railroad companies may be held liable in some instances for scaring horses.
• Spartanburg: Eating watermelons in the Magnolia Street cemetery is forbidden.
• A person must be 18 years old to play pinball
• It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep in a cheese factory.
• No horses are allowed into Fountain Inn unless they are wearing pants
• Driving is not to be done while asleep.
• Dyersburg: It is illegal for a woman to call a man for a date.
• Hollow logs may not be sold.
• In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive a car unless there is a man either running or walking in front of it, waving a red flag to warn approaching motorists and pedestrians.
• It is illegal to catch a fish with a lasso.
• It's illegal for frogs to croak after 11 PM.
• Oneida: An ordinance forbids anyone to sing the song "It Ain't Goin' To Rain No Mo'."
• It is a crime to share your Netflix password.
• A city ordinance states that a person cannot go barefoot without first obtaining a special five-dollar permit.
• A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours' notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.
• Borger: It is against the law to throw confetti, rubber balls, feather dusters, whips or quirts (riding crop), and explosive firecrackers of any kind.
• Clarendon: It is illegal to dust any public building with a feather duster.
• In Mesquite, Texas it is illegal for kids to have unusual haircuts.
• It is illegal to milk another person's cow.
• There is an old law in Texas that states you are unable to tuck your pants into one boot unless you own ten or more cattle.
• You can be legally married by publicly introducing a person as your husband or wife 3 times.
• It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing
• Birds have the right of way on all highways.
• In Utah it is illegal to fish from horseback.
• In Utah, the husband is responsible for every criminal act committed by his wife while she is in his presence.
• It is illegal not to drink milk.
• Provo: Throwing snowballs will result in a $50 fine.
• Salt Lake City: No one may walk down the street carrying a paper bag containing a violin.
• Women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth
• Children are not to go trick-or-treating on Halloween.
• Culpeper: No one may wash a mule on the sidewalk.
• In Christiansburg, Va., it's illegal to imitate a police whistle.
• Richmond: It is illegal to flip a coin in a restaurant to see who pays for a coffee.
• Swearing at someone over the phone in virginia is punishable by a $100 fine.
• There was once a law in Salem Virginia that made it illegal to leave home without knowing where you were going.
• All lollipops are banned
• In the state of Washington it's illegal to catch a fish by throwing a rock at it.
• Washington State doesn't allow fake wrestling.
• Wilbur: You may not ride an ugly horse.
• When two trains come to a crossing, neither can go until the other has passed
• X-rays may not be used to fit shoe.
• It's illegal to kill Bigfoot.
• According to the state constitution, it is unlawful for anyone to own a red or a black flag.
• Alderson: One may not walk a lion, tiger or leopard, even on a leash.
• If you wear a hat inside a theater, you may be fined.
• It is illegal to snooze on a train.
• It is unlawful for chickens to lay eggs before 8AM and after 4PM.
• Nicholas County: No member of the clergy is allowed to tell jokes or humorous stories from the pulpit during a church service.
• No children may attend school with their breath smelling of "wild onions."
• Whistling underwater is prohibited.
• A person may not hold public office if he or she has ever participated in a duel.
• At one time, margarine was illegal.
• Cheese making requires a cheese maker's license.
• Limburger cheese making requires a master cheese maker's license.
• St. Croix, women are not allowed to wear anything red in public.
• You are allowed to marry your house.
• After 3:00 a.m., you have to send a rocket signal in the air after every mile you drive.
• It is illegal to cut a woman's hair.
• It is illegal to kiss on a train.
• Racine: It is illegal to wake a fireman when he is asleep.
• Margarine may not be substituted for butter in restaurants unless it is requested by the customer.
• Cheyenne Citizens may not take showers on Wednesdays.
• In Wyoming it is illegal to tattoo a horse with the intent of making it unrecognizable to its owner.
• You may not take a picture of a rabbit during the month of June.
• It is illegal to wear a hat that obstructs people's view in a public theater or place of amusement.